- Our Offerings
- Our Services
- Our Platforms
Azure Assessment Service
The Readify Azure Assessment Service enables organisations to determine the readiness of migrating existing .NET applications to the cloud. Our consultants combine market leading expertise in .NET with practical experience of Windows Azure. We use a structured methodology we assess an application, its dependencies, estimate the cost/benefit of migration; and deliver a demonstrable Proof of Concept.
How the Service Works
The Assessment Service comprises two discrete phases. At the end of Phase One the client knows which components of their application to migrate and the valuation benefit of Azure to the business. At the end of Phase Two the client experiences their application running in Azure, and appreciates the cost to migrate the entire application.
Phase One (Est. 2 days)
In Phase 1 a Readify Azure Technical Specialist evaluates the current architecture, codebase, and documentation of the .NET application. The TS then defines opportunities, if any, for migrating some, or all of the application to Azure, and documents these recommendations for the client.
If the client determines that there is little or no business benefit to migrate code to Azure, the service terminates at this juncture. The final activity in Phase 1 is to estimate the effort and duration to develop a working Proof of Concept in Phase 2.
Phase Two (5 - 10 days)
In Phase Two the Readify Team develops the Proof of Concept, working closely with the client Product Manager. For most clients a Readify Technical Specialist generally completes this phase in five days, however for more complex applications; we may augment the TS with a Readify Senior Developer. Applications with significant security or systems integration dependencies may take up to two weeks.
At the end of Phase 2 Readify:
- Demonstrates a running Proof of Concept;
- Presents an Engagement Summary;
- Provides an Application Migration Roadmap with recommended next steps; and
- Delivers actual PoC code to the client.
The Readify Azure Assessment Experience
To date, Readify have delivered this service to a number of clients in the Financial Services, Travel, and Commercial sectors. In all cases clients have been delighted at:
- Being able to understand the hidden costs and detailed dependencies to consider when contemplating Windows Azure
- Realising the benefits of an actual component of their application running in Windows Azure
- Discovering the rapidity they can migrate the rest of their application to Windows Azure (in most cases)
- Determining which applications it does not make sense to migrate to Windows Azure
How to Engage Readify
Please call your Readify Account Manager, or our hotline, 1300 666 274, which will direct you to the local Readify team, to arrange a no obligations, free consultation to determine your particular needs.